The Grizzled Ruby Utility Library is a general-purpose Ruby library with a variety of different modules and classes, as well as a few potentially useful executables based on those APIs. Basically, it’s an organized dumping ground for various useful APIs I find I need. It’s similar, in concept, to my Grizzled Python and Grizzled Scala libraries, for Python and Scala, respectively.
It can be installed as a gem.
This library contains a variety of potentially useful modules, including:
- An include file preprocessor
- A variable-substitution library reminiscent of Python’s
- A directory-walking API
- A mixin that makes forwarding method calls easier.
To use the various packages in your code, first pull in
by the Grizzled Ruby package or packages you need. For example:
require 'rubygems' require 'grizzled/unix' require 'grizzled/string/template'
$ gem install grizzled-ruby
$ cd grizzled-ruby $ rake install
Brian M. Clapper, firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and License
The Grizzled Ruby Library is copyright © 2011 Brian M. Clapper and is released under a BSD License.
I gladly accept patches from their original authors. Feel free to email patches to me or to fork the git repository and send me a pull request. Along with any patch you send:
- Please state that the patch is your original work.
- Please indicate that you license the work to the Grizzled Ruby project under a BSD License.